Who we are

About

A Roman Catholic church, dating from 1922-1934, by George Bernard Cox of Harrison Cox Architects of Birmingham, with interior decoration by R L Boulton of Cheltenham, J Linthout of Bruges and Ludwig Oppenheimer and Co. of Manchester.

The church is constructed from brindle brick, laid in Flemish bond with stone dressings, under a clay pantile roof. The interior has a wealth of decorative materials, including marbles, mosaic, coloured glass and stone.

The mission at Sacred Heart was established in 1897, and an iron church dedicated to the Sacred Heart and St Thomas of Canterbury was opened in the same year, to serve the growing population of the suburb of Aston; it was prominently situated at the corner of the newly laid out Witton Road and Prestbury Road.

Learn More ››
Fr Stephen Pimlott
Rev Fr Stephen Pimlott
Parish Priest
Fr Stephen is in charge of the Sacred Heart Parish in Aston, as well as St Joseph's in Nichells where in which he resides in.
Fr Mark Van Beeumen
Rev Fr Mark Van Beeumen
Priest
Fr Mark is the representative of the Cordate Community of the missionaries of the Sacred Heart. The MSC is engaged in the promotion of community relations among different ethnic groups, support to the poorer section of the community and reaching out to those of no faith.
Sr Meena
Sr Meena
Parish Sister
...

Our Twitter

Follow us on Twitter and get parish updates on the fly.

Our Facebook

Like us on Facebook and get parish updates on the fly.

General Inquiries

For all general inquiries, please email sacredheartaston@hotmail.com

Church Address

Sacred Heart Church
Witton Road
Aston, Birmingham
West Midlands, B6 6EG
read more...

Fr Stephen's Address

St Josephs
Thimblemill Lane
Nechells, Birmingham
West Midlands, B7 5HT

Get in Touch

Phone: 0121 327 0235